≡ Menu

A few items of note:

1. I am feeling much better! And wow, that totally sucked! Do not get this particular brand of flu, if you can help it. Blech! I am still unconvinced that it was H1N1 – my doctor told me that it sounded like it, based on my symptoms, but I didn’t get the blood work done or anything. Regardless, it wasn’t pretty. I lost about five pounds, and we’ll just leave it at that.

2. I completed my arm chair, and have now crossed Item 26 off the list! Behold:
before

Aaaaand after

Y’all, I am SUPER proud of this! And it’s even comfy! Hoorah!

3. I also made some headway with Item 13: meet other bloggers this weekend, when I attended Maggie Mason’s Cool-Whip fight! That’s right, I kicked off my effort to meet some of you beautiful people by meeting Maggie Mason, one of the Most Awesome Bloggers Of All Time. I had an amazing time, and I can’t wait to see her recap! It was one of the most hilarious moments of my life.

4. I should note, for the record, that I attended the above event alone, for reasons that were beyond my control. It reminded me that I am not exactly socially adept all the time. Also, I realized that I cannot say the name of my blog without feeling like a complete toolbox. I think this might be a problem.

5. Holy crap, people. Make this. It is divine.

6. I’ve been on a major sewing binge lately. I can’t get enough of beautiful fabrics! My bank account is telling me that I might have an issue here, so I’m taking a little breather, but I have several projects to show you! I’ll post pictures when I get a moment to gather everything together. The chair was a big part of the equation, for sure.

7. Happy Monday!

{ 10 comments… add one }

Comments
  • Sizzle September 21, 2009 at 10:07 pm

It looks great! And Maggie is so fun and sweet. Sounds like you’re back on your feet. :-)

• Tim September 22, 2009 at 5:38 am

That chair looks fantastic! Seriously impressive :)

I had never heard of Maggie’s blog before- I think I’m going to like her’s, too.

I’m glad you’re feeling better

• courtney September 22, 2009 at 7:55 am

That chair is amazing! Well done! And I’m glad you’re feeling better.

• heidikins September 22, 2009 at 8:34 am

I’m so glad you are feeling better! Stupid flu!

Also–that chair is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous!! I can’t wait to see your other projects.

xox

• Kate September 22, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Wow! That chair looks great — I’m impressed! And also happy you’re feeling better! :)

• Jen September 23, 2009 at 12:46 pm

1. So glad you’re feeling better. I got a strand of influenza once back in 2000, that left me 10lbs lighter and almost killed me. I know how bad it can get.

2. OMG I’m soooo proud of this and I didn’t even have anything to do with it. Wow! Beautiful!

• Jessica Lynn September 24, 2009 at 1:57 pm

what a great transformation!!

• S September 26, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I must say, that I am TOTALLY impressed by this chair thingie that you have pulled out of your crafty-hat. I? COULD NEVER DO THIS. Serio.

Congrats, you. And I’m terribly happy that you are feeling better.

xoxo

~S

• stefanie September 29, 2009 at 7:25 pm

You went! (to the Cool-Whip fight, I mean) Hurray! Can’t wait to see the recap.

And that chair looks awesome. Now show us the dress that Flickr told me you made!

• stefanie September 29, 2009 at 7:50 pm

Oops. Recap IS up! Was that you in the purple t-shirt?? How fun.